Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SdKfz in plastic, comparison by manufacturer


Being the cheapest man alive (Hey, I have a kid so I have to be cheap!), I have extensively explored all plastic options to feed my FoW habit. Call me crazy, but I like my models like I like my women; small, easy to manage, and all the best bits made of plastic. I have recently purchased SdKfz 251s from Plastic Soldier Company, Point of Contact , and Zvezda . Without further adieu, pics of the models in comparison (from left to right in all pictures: Zvezda 251/1B, PoC 251/1C, and PSC 251/D):


Please note that the rider and the gas can on the zvezda model are bits from the PSC box.



As you can see, the Zvezda model is a bit smaller than the other two, while the PoC model is roughly the same length as the PoC model but quite a bit stockier. I didn't have a BF model to add as a comparison. Detail-wise, PSC takes the prize, however the Zvezda model isn't bad either. The PoC model is functional, and has fair detail, but all the weapon bits inside the vehicle look like sausages, especially the mortar. No joke, exactly like a pair of hot dogs holding up a shnitzel. Now granted, each one is representing a different variant of the 251, however I *believe* (tell me if I'm wrong) that the major differences were on the rear doors and angle of the armor, not on the dimensions of the vehicle as a whole.

-OvC out

No comments:

Post a Comment